[bvipilots] Re: ATC announcement not sure how to respond

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 17:14:28 -0700

Hello,

There is not need to ever acknowledge a message to expedite anything.

However, it the event that Michelle misunderstood you initial command to
make a turn to heading 155, then simply re-issue the "make the heading 155"
to Michelle.

NOTE: Michelle is always supposed to confirm your heading alteration by
saying (in this case)...  "155".

Robert

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 4:59 PM, Adam <brailledog@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> So Robert,
>
> Let me make sure I have this correctly if I am coming in for a landing at
> a towered airport again IFR flight plan I have been flying by gps and
> atc/FX tower is telling me to turn left heading 155!  I am about 30 miles
> out and I acknowledge the instruction, and even though I have acknowledged
> the instruction ATC/Fx will (will/ could tell me to expedite my turn) at
> this point I am supposed to just ignore the instruction?  The reason I am
> reasking this as a direct question is because when I did ignore it ATC/fx
> kept repeating it until I did perform the instruction because quite frank
> it got annoying!  Just want to make sure I have all the information
> correct!  Thank you much

JPEG image