[bvipilots] A public thank you to Robert.

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "B V I Pilots" <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 17:26:27 -0400

Hello to my fellow BVI Pilot subscribers.
A thank you to Robert.
Last night I had a problem with IYP-VA FL253.
If you hear a loud ticking like sound when you're in the air, use the following voice command and you should be all set once again.
The voice command is pitot heater on.
The noise should go away and you should be flying with no problems.
I wonder what other sounds we should be listening for to announce problems?
Now I throw this recommendation/suggestion to Robert publically so that we can all give him some feedback on the suggestion. Would it be possible to have the ground power option in the citation x bird and the rest of the IYP birds that we as BVI pilots can fly thanks to IYP?
Or is that option just for certin birds.
Is this option availible to all birds in the real world?
You would think it would be so not to drain the batteries of the bird.
Also if we can have the ground power option for the checklists of all birds, where in the check lists would we tell them to disconnect the ground power and the turn off the master battery switch? Probably that command would come just before and or just after the voice command to shut down the APU would it not?
Many Many Thanks once again for last night Robert.
To my many many friends on this list.
As our leader tells us to do.
Always keep the blue side up.
Good Day and happy flying.