[bvipilots] Re: A public thank you to Robert.

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:26:05 -0700

Hello Ron,

Thank you for your kind remarks.

REGARDING: Would it be possible to have the ground power option in the
citation x bird and the rest of the IYP birds that we as BVI pilots can fly
thanks to IYP?

As I have previously pointed out, after sampling thousands of flights
sessions, we have positively determined that the average IYP user shows
little to no interest in running through exhaustive checklists in order to
get airborne. In fact, better than 80% of IYP users do not even execute the
existing checklists finding them already  too lengthy.

Not only has IYP has been designed for both sighted and BVI pilots, it has
also been designed to satisfy the needs of the "mean average" of its users.
In other words, the design objectives were set forth in order to address
the needs of bush pilots who simply hop into the cockpit of their favorite
General Aviation aircraft, press CTRL+E to start the engine, press the L
key to turn on all lights, and go to full throttle, as well as those who
fly for IYP Virtual Air where we attempt to make the experience as real as
possible for commercial pilots.

Thus, as I have also shared with you in a number of previous
communications, you can create your own personal checklists by using the
CHECKLIST EDITOR created by IYP user 12145 (Paul Bailey) to construct your
own personal checklists. There are literally hundreds of checklist items
available for inclusion into checklists. You can even share these complex
and exhaustive checklists with other IYP users if you wish.

You can download the editor by going to the IYP Support Forum here:

http://itsyourplane.hammersim.dk/index.php?board=28.0

There is plenty of documentation on how to use the editor.

PLEASE NOTE: I have not personally used the checklist editor due to lackof
time, so I would not be able to assist you with any questions in this
regard. However, there are many forum subscribers who have used it who can
answer any questions you may have.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Robert