[bvipilots] Re: Updating airports

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 15:11:03 -0700

Thank you. I now understand.

Incidentally, from my personal experience, the default Microsoft databases
are 99.9% accurate. While some errors occur when airport ICAOs codes are
changed, this usually takes place in smaller countries. For example, the
airport in Bali, Indonesia changed from WADD to WRRR.

In addition, some airports change runway assignments when the magnetic
variation becomes too large, and in those cases, I make database changes on
the server with the new assignments when asked by users.

I hope this helps.

Robert