[burpg] Test Scrubbed Tomorrow

  • From: Armor Harris <armorharris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 00:06:09 -0500

What made Apollo successful was that they missed many intermediate
deadlines to do things properly to make the final deadline of landing a man
on the moon by the end of the decade. By taking the time to do it right,
when they put it all together it came out right and they were able to get
aggressive at the end.

This is one of those times. We are going to scrub for tomorrow not out of
necessity but out of confidence. Electronics isn't consistent enough to
justify going out to Sudbury to have problems.  The rest of the system is
in great shape. We'll come back to the wind tunnel at 10am and clean up for
January.

We're going to take the time to get the electronics working properly over
break and we'll come back and try again at the beginning of January.

We're still on schedule if we can hot fire in February so I'm not that
worried.

Thanks everyone for all of the hard work we've put in to build a great
system that is pretty much ready to go as soon as we get the electronics to
control it. The fact that everyone busted their balls this week means that
we are actually ready to go.

Best,
Armor

--