[Bristol-Birds] two large eaglets and adults at South Holston River nest Sullivan Co. TN 10 May 2015

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Bristol Birds'" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 22:07:38 -0400

Bob Cheers telephoned this evening (10 May 2015)

at 6:30 to tell me he had just returned to his river

house after checking on the South Fork Holston River

Bald Eagle nest located upstream from Bluff City

In Sullivan County, TN.

He reported that both nesting eaglets appear to

be large, health and active. He has not observed

branching by the young this season. The largest

(apparently oldest) frequently jumps about in the

nest.

I was at the nest Saturday while checking on a

few sites for the Elizabethton Spring Count and

saw two adults. One was standing on the nest

and the second was in a nearby staging tree. I

originally thought I had seen two young.