[Bristol-Birds] YR Warblers

  • From: "Mathis" <weer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 12:31:21 -0500

Birders,

I used the two Snowy Owls on Ocracoke Island, NC, as an excuse to escape to the
coast this week. Since I’d already seen and photographed the Snowy Owl at
Beckley, WV, it was interesting, but not overly thrilling, to see the two at
Ocracoke on the four occasions that I saw them. What was thrilling, however,
were the Yellow-rumped Warblers. Feeding on the abundant cedar berries, they
were present by the hundreds all over the island.

See attachment,
Cecelia Mathis
Sparta, NC