[Bristol-Birds] Barn Owl

  • From: "Michelle Brown" <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 15:02:24 -0400

Yesterday evening while walking in Peaceful Harbor subdivision off of Sugar
Hollow Rd., Piney Flats TN, Sullivan County I had one Barn Owl flying low over
a vacant lot.  The bird seemed oblivious to our presence and soared within a
few feet of us as it crossed the road to scan another vacant lot.

On another note I have had a Yellow-Breasted Chat chatting it up next to my
home in Blountville TN since Saturday.  I always enjoy the chats.  He seems to
have so much to tell somebody.  I hope she is listening.

Michelle King
Blountville, TN
Sullivan Co.