[Bristol-Birds] Barn Owl

  • From: Robert Biller <merlin42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 8:09:46 -0400

Seeing Don Miller's post about the Barn Owl reminded me that I didn't post the
recent Barn Owl sighting in Johnson City (Washington County). After the
Elizabethton banquet, (4/1/06) Nora Schubert and myself went looking for the
Barn Owl on the VA property.  We found the Barn Owl on top of the Theater
building where it has been regularly seen for many, many years now (~20??).  We
walked around the building and it flushed over to the large spruce pine and sat
on the outside of the tree.  It kinda looked like a big white Christmas
ornament, sitting right near the top.  We saw the bird about 9:15pm.

Rob Biller
Elizabethton, TN