[BNU] Re: using mobile device center

  • From: "Mike Bernard" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mbern6516@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: <1587@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 09:43:56 -0400

        The advantage of using ActiveCync, was that once we made a
partnership between the bn and the pc,
Not only could we transfer files back and forth but if and when it became
necessary to do so, we could also use the bn as a second computer of sorts.
For example, you could be surfing the web with one site on the computer
while visiting another site altogether on the bn in keyweb. In some cases,
using the bn in this way made it easier and even quicker to download things
files. When I open Mobile device center, all they seem to have on the screen
is a button that says, "help and about" and one other button that's not
labeled. There is also no toolbar like ActiveCync had. When I tried to
connect my MPower for the first time a couple days ago, I think the
braillenote part of the connection connected, but I'm not sure about the pc
part. Usually, we'd hear that funny cherp from the bn and then that chime
from the computer indicating that the connection was made at both ends
successfully. Does anyone know if there are any audio tutorials available
anywhere online that shows us how this thing works?
Mike
Rochester, NY.
From: "Sharon S" <koala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 17:09:19 +1000

Hi, I haven't used Mobile device center yet but will be
installing it on my new laptop soon.  On my older computers using
active sync the BN's drives would show up under My computer,
which I think is now called just Computer.  In the list of drives
there should be mobile device and in there should be the drives
of the BN.

If this isn't the case then after I install it myself I will have
a look around.  I'm not sure when that will be though.

From Shaz.
BN QT Apex and PK user.