[brailleblaster] Re: What will this look like?

  • From: "John Gardner" <john.gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 09:26:02 -0700

Hi, I wrote the specification document.  Although I am largely ignorant of
software (and just as lost in most of the on-going discussions as you), I
tried to write the spec so that software people could understand the intent
and turn it into software-speak.  It may have turned out to be a bit too
geeky, so if there are things about the spec you don't understand, just ask,
and I will expand the discussion within the spec document to be more clear.

One comment about John's description.  Although BrailleBlaster will be quite
powerful, the power is largely incorporated by using the right formatting
templates and following rigorous guidelines about document structure.  If a
novice doesn't care about all that, she can still use this application and
get correct Braille.  Minimum skill level shouldn't be much more than
ability to use a standard word processor and find the "translate" menu item.

John Gardner