[brailleblaster] JAX-B and passing documents

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 21:52:44 -0500

We have agreed that BrailleBlaster and liblouisutdml will communicate by
method calls and memory buffers. However, some documents are very large
- 6 megabytes and more. when UTDML is added this increases to something
like 20 MB. Liblouuisutdml needs to see the whole document, and memory
buffers of this size seem impractical. So when an xml document in the
editor is longer than say 100k we should probably pass it as a file. The
buffers, if used, would be encoded in UTF-8 for both input and output.
I'm still wondering if a Java byte array will handle this.

It has been suggested that we might find JAX-B useful for turning Java
objects into xml. Any comments on this?

John B.