[brailleblaster] Re: Thoughts on the Specification

  • From: Alex Jurgensen <asquared21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 11:25:42 -0800

Hi John,

I like the idea of having a recent documents area in the file menu.

I just have one suggestion.

I think that we should implement the recent files area of the Braille Blaster
File Menu as the users on each operating system expect it.

On Windows and linux, I believe your description of putting them at the end of
the menu seems good, but on the Mac, recent documents are usually found in a
"Open Recent" menu item that is right after the "Open" menu item.
Note: I am not positive about the Windows nor Linux way of doing this, so if I
am wrong, please let me know.

I believe that in order for Braille Blaster to be simple to use, it should
conform to the native look and feel of native applications as much as possible.

I am not trying to be a major critic, this is just my opinion on your design
decision. I am open to doing it the way you prepose on all the operating
systems.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Alex,

On 2010-12-08, at 7:24 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:

> I have just reread the specification carefully. It certainly hangs
> together better for me than at the beginning. Here are some thoughts.
> There is a menu item for opening a list of recent documents. These
> documents should be on the menu, just below the exit choice, as they are
> in

> most word processors.
>
> The ability to open recent documents means that the users will want MDI.
> Fortunately, this is not hard to implement.
>
> We may need a third window for each document for print and embosser
> previews. What happens to the Daisy and Braille windows when a preview
> is chosen? Are they minimized?

> Abilitiessoft, Inc.

Alex Jurgensen,
VoiceOver Trainer,