[brailleblaster] Re: Linux version working

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 13:40:32 +0000

It seems like none of the screen readers with the possible exception of
Window-Eyes handles lines in our SWT Styled edit widget correctly. Would a soft
return work? The following is supposed to be in Unicode. From Wikipedia:

The Unicode character set provides a line separator character as well as a
paragraph separator to represent the semantics of the soft return and hard
return.
 0x2028 LINE SEPARATOR * may be used to represent this semantic unambiguously
0x2029 PARAGRAPH SEPARATOR * may be used to represent this semantic
unambiguously

Keith Creasy
Software Developer
American Printing House for the Blind