[brailleblaster] Re: Here are the liblouisutdml Java bindings.

  • From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:50:11 -0500

May I please suggest using camel case?

This is not only hard to read, frankly it's painful, *smile*.

Also, why not have this be an interface, since that's exactly what it is?

These constants need to be externalized.

There's far too much in this one class. Wouldn't this benefit from being broken
up?

I am guessing you are using the native keyword for purposes of JNI? I can't
think of another logical reason to ever use it, and I
think it might be overused in this particular class, but we can examine that
later.

You don't need void if you have an empty argument list ... I know it's popular
in c, but nobody does that in java. I forgot that
java even allows that in the first place.

If your constants are bit flags, then why not actually make them such via bit
masks? Right now they are just taking up entire
integers for no good reason. You might simply want to use an enum for this an
index into a single integer after a bitwise and.

Again, I'd recommend javadoc.

Take care,
Sina