[brailleblaster] Re: Here are the liblouisutdml Java bindings.

  • From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:54:03 -0500

Quite true

Take care,
Sina

-----Original Message-----
From: brailleblaster-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:brailleblaster-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Whapples
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 4:53 PM
To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [brailleblaster] Re: Here are the liblouisutdml Java bindings.

There's one other thing which could be mentioned, default constructors.
While it doesn't harm to have it in there, java will automatically generate the
default no-args constructor if there is no other
constructor defined, so making specifying one surplus to requirements.

Michael Whapples
On 16/11/10 20:50, Sina Bahram wrote:
> May I please suggest using camel case?
>
> This is not only hard to read, frankly it's painful, *smile*.
>
> Also, why not have this be an interface, since that's exactly what it is?
>
> These constants need to be externalized.
>
> There's far too much in this one class. Wouldn't this benefit from being
> broken up?
>
> I am guessing you are using the native keyword for purposes of JNI? I
> can't think of another logical reason to ever use it, and I think it might be
> overused in this particular class, but we can
examine that later.

> You don't need void if you have an empty argument list ... I know it's
> popular in c, but nobody does that in java. I forgot that java even allows
> that in the first place.
>
> If your constants are bit flags, then why not actually make them such
> via bit masks? Right now they are just taking up entire integers for no good
> reason. You might simply want to use an enum for this
an index into a single integer after a bitwise and.

> Again, I'd recommend javadoc.
>
> Take care,
> Sina

could analyze that log file and give the user much more useful information than
exceptions.