[brailleblaster] Re: Draft 2 of BrailleBlaster Design

  • From: Yuemei Sun <yuemei.sun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:03:08 -0800

Hi, John,

Looks great! I have a couple of questions for the WordProcessor package, though.

1) What's the main purpose of WPManager? Does it act like the main editing platform, which will call the appropriate display window? Would it have all the other UI components (menus, tool bars, etc.)? 2) How do we accommodate when users want to see both the braille and the original? Will the Braille Display do this, ie, show the original when user chooses to do that, hide them otherwise?

Thanks,

Yuemei

On 11/28/2010 8:25 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
It is attached. A few things have been added and some classes have been
fleshed out a bit. The build.xml file for Ant is incomplete. I'm having
trouble getting Ant to work. The version on my machine is 1.6.5. I
installed openjdk-1.6 and it doesn't like that. I'm trying to install
ant 1.8.1 and hopiing for better luck.

The org.brailleblaster.wordprocessor package has two new classes,
StartupScreen and TextEditor. As previously explained, the latter is a
bare-bones text editor for advanced users, asnd it can be invoked only
throuth subcommands. It does not affect the rest of the wordproceessor
package. I'm thinking of coding it first because of its simplicity and
because it will give me experience with SWT. This first version will be
standalone. When it is tested I will move part of it into the Commons
class and have WPManager call the rest on receiving appropriate
parameters.

Yuemei Sun

Software Engineer
yuemei.sun@xxxxxxxxxxxx