[brailleblaster] Re: Can Mercurial produce zip files?

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 09:36:02 +0000

No need for it to be an embarrassed thanks. Just be prepare if you haven't done the reading I will hint to where the information can be found. If you have done the reading, please don't forget to mention that so that I know you may need a different explanation.

Michael Whapples
On 26/11/10 09:15, John J. Boyer wrote:
A rather embarrassed thanks. I'll remember to check help in the future.

John

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 08:49:08AM +0000, Michael Whapples wrote:>  Hello,
I won't give you the full answer as the help information will give you
more detail and you can choose precisely what suits you best.

Look at help for the archive command of mercurial:
hg help archive

This was easy enough to find just by doing:
hg help

This is what I like about mercurial, its help is useful and if you need
more then the documentation available on the internet is good.

Another way, probably not so good to get a clean copy is to clone the
repository:
hg clone old_repository new_location

However if you just use archiving tools on the new_repository you will
probably include the repository files as well (eg. .hg directory).

Michael Whapples
On 26/11/10 04:15, John J. Boyer wrote:
Sure, I know I should read the manual, but I want to concentrate on
programming and design, so if I can ask an expert a question that seems
the best use of my time.

I have produced a draft design for BrailleBlaster in a local Mercurial
repository. It would be nice if I could make a zip file for posting to
the list, but the directory contains lots of other files, so i want to
include only the files that have been registered with Mercurial. Can I
do this or something similar?

Thanks,