[brailleblaster] Re: Best GUI controls for screen readers

  • From: "Vic Beckley" <vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 19:37:50 -0400

François,

The combobox is fine with me with one exception. When the dialog first comes up
the most recently opened file should already be in the combobox. There also
needs to be a cancel button and escape needs to close the dialog without making
a selection. If you changed the control type I would want the control to have
letter navigation, hopefully more than just first letter. What I mean is that
if you typed "ba" quickly the list would select the first file beginning with
"ba." I think a listview will do this but I don't think a listbox will. If
necessary, just first letter navigation like in a listbox would be acceptable.
I don't know how John feels about it. These are just my thoughts.

Best regards from Ohio, U.S.A.,

Vic
E-mail: vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx