[brailleblaster] Re: A question from an end user, BRF and BRL files?

  • From: Keith Reedy <keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 18:38:39 -0500

John, Alex and all,

First of all John, I am sorry about using the wrong address, I think I have
that corrected.

Alex, I have used the translator you recommended with little success.

The problem is that it calls for a USB to serial adapter and the serial port on
the index Basic-D according to the manual is used for maintenance, so, you
can't get much braille through it.

I have tried a Bluetooth to parallel and an IP to parallel adapter, but, I
could not find a driver to make it work.

If I can find a way to dump a file in to the parallel port, the onboard
programing in the embosser should make it work, at least that is how it works
with the DOS computer.

Keith Reedy