[braille-sense] Re: how do you use your braille sense?

  • From: Daveed Mandell <daveedm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 15:48:28 -0800

Has anyone obtained the new update? I hear there is still no support for things such as bolding, underlinging, etc., in the word processor. Is that true?

Thanks.

--Daveed--At 07:47 AM 11/24/2006, you wrote:

Good question for discussion Toni.  I'm still learning  but I have many uses
in mind.  As a braille transcriber, the braille display will be great for
proofing and chedking my own work.  I don't know if I'll use my BS for email
and if I do, that's down the road some.  It would be nice to sit in my
favorite living room chair and read email between snoozes!  Oops!  Did I say
snoozes???  I'm good at that while watching TV!  Anyway, I have been
nominated as secretary for a new NFB chapter.  If elected, I hope to record
meetings and take notes with the BS.  I also plan to write the minutes and
send them to my braille embosser and ink printer.  I like the scheduler and
address manager both having several entries.  Trading files with my computer
is also on the list.  I'm sure I'll come up with many more uses.  As for
demo units, you could try your state's services for the blind.  Maybe
someone could show you a unit.

That's enough rambling for now.  Have a great day recovering from
yesterday's feast!

Anne West
anne_k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10:55 AM