[botswanapredatorforum] Re: impacts of use of poisons on wildlife

  • From: wabotlhe letubo <waxieu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: botswanapredatorforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 23:15:40 -0700 (PDT)

Heela Mphoeng, kante o ko DWNP?

________________________________
From: Mphoeng Ofithile <letotse_300@xxxxxxxxx>
To: botswanapredatorforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, September 4, 2010 7:20:46 PM
Subject: [botswanapredatorforum] Re: impacts of use of poisons on wildlife

Dear all

Good day. Issues of wildlife poisoning are ubiquitous in Botswana. Community
prefer to use the non-selective poisons to kill problem animal. Consequently
they end killing animals that are not responsible for loss of livestock. I know
people generally are aware it is illegal but they too comprehend that
government
department have shortages of man power and this is something that could not be
achieved only by the DWNP alone but only with involvement of community. But how
do we involve community if they still conservation organisations as enermies?