[bookshare-discuss] Re: periodicals on bookshare

  • From: "Peter Scialli" <peter.s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 23:59:49 -0400

Hi Gerald,
    You have discovered our soft roll out of NFB Newsline functionality.  It
is being officially announced at the NFB convention here in Atlanta on
Saturday.  There will be a slowly increasing number of newspapers and
magazines until we have all the same offerings as the NFB Newsline service.
It will be the same content only in Braille and DAISY.  It will take a
period of weeks to get all the permissions worked out as well as the
technical stuff
, but we will evntually have about 100 newspapers, including the two that
you mentioned.  We'll also have magazines beyond the New Yorker and the
Economist.  Everyone should consider this a public beta test and use this
list for comments and suggestions.  Thanks.

                Peter
                Bookshare.org