[bookshare-discuss] Re: intro

  • From: "Julie Morales" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 22:31:25 -0500

Hi, Rebecca. If you have Kurzweil, you can transfer your books to the
Bookport, but you can also read the BRF files directly from your computer,
then, if you ever have a mind to do that. To me, reading books with speech
is irritating and I only do it for the books I scan to make sure they're of
good quality before submitting them. I usually end up rereading the books I
submit later on my Braille Lite in braille, because I always seem to get
more out of them that way, but Kurzweil will read the files if you want it
to. You can also read the DAISY files from within Kurzweil, from what I've
heard, depending on what version you use, but I don't use the DAISY format
very often. Take care.
Julie Morales
Children are fragile. Handle with prayer. --Unknown