[bookshare-discuss] Re: five books you wish you hadn't read

  • From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 19:52:16 -0400 (EDT)

You know what is making me smile at these lists?
with the one exception of an item the poster could not remember the title of, and I admit I have not read everyone list all of those noted I have read and enjoyed. In fact some of them I sought even if not required, and enjoyed every page. frankly I cannot think of a book I ever read that I wish I had not...ever and I started reading at 4 or so, speeding up big time at 7 when I learned of nls. for many years i could read regular print with magnification or good light, then I got a reading edge which meant I could and can read anything I like. I have print books all over my house, and never met a book, like a person that lacked the power to teach me something, even if that something was that I would not want to have the character over for dinner. I miss reading two books, literary at the same time, but who knows I may enjoy that rich pleasure again. Mercy I got an award in school once for the number of books I read, I even loved textbooks,...and the encyclopedia!
I stopped short of cereal boxes though lol.
I did laugh out loud at the Thomas Covenant series, I enjoyed that one too, although I got a feeling the writer was pushed to produce more books than needful to tell the story. I cannot generate such a list. the only book I ever started and did not finish was the dispossessed, and I really will find it again. I think I was just reading too many things at the time to appreciate it. same for Henry Jame's "the ambassadors." I read it all the way, did not like it, but will read it again as I find I love other things he has done. Perhaps the required aspect is the key to wishing you never read something, but that seems such a strong condemnation of another persons creative gift.
No books to ad to this list.
Karen

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011, Sue Stevens wrote:

I just reread Gone with the Wind, too, Patti.  It is one of my favorites.

Sue S.

-----Original Message----- From: Patti Johnson
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 4:00 PM
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: five books you wish you hadn't read

Oh no.  In fact I just re read that one, I sure had forgot a lot of it,
read it many years ago.
That may be on your list, but it's not on mine, grin.
Patti

On 9/2/2011 4:59 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:
 You forgot one,
 Gone with the Wind.