[bookshare-discuss] Re: curious about klas

  • From: "Susan" <slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 21:59:21 -0500

Texas doesn't have it, unfortunately!

Susan

  _____

From: rita weyler [mailto:ritaweyler@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 9:03 PM
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] curious about klas

Hi all
I was curious to see how many nls libraries were on klas. I had not been on
the klas web site for a long time.  I have the colorado talking book library
web site as my home page.  I think all libraries that are on the nls system
are  hooked up with klas.  Colorado just started building up their braille
book collection.  We used to have to get braille  books from Utah.   It cost
$50 per patron.  The state who was having Utah send their blind patrons paid
it if the person was already  receiving braille books  when their state
library started having their patrons get braille books from Utah.  I know
for a fact that the local nls libraries would ask their new patrons to pay
the $50 if they wanted to receive braille books.
Rita