[bookshare-discuss] curious about klas

  • From: "rita weyler" <ritaweyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 21:02:47 -0500

Hi all
I was curious to see how many nls libraries were on klas. I had not been on the
klas web site for a long time.  I have the colorado talking book library   web
site as my home page.  I think all libraries that are on the nls system are
hooked up with klas.  Colorado just started building up their braille book
collection.  We used to have to get braille  books from Utah.   It cost $50 per
patron.  The state who was having Utah send their blind patrons paid it if the
person was already  receiving braille books  when their state library started
having their patrons get braille books from Utah.  I know for a fact that the
local nls libraries would ask their new patrons to pay the $50 if they wanted
to receive braille books.
Rita