[bookshare-discuss] Re: choral music and question on music scores for the bookshare collection

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 12:39:35 -0500

Great site, Chela - thanks!

Judy s.

Chela Robles wrote:
Yes Judy, just go to the following site, you'll really thank me for
this one a million times: http://www.dancingdots.com
Chela

On 5/31/08, Judy s. <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All the postings here have me madly writing down names of choral pieces I'm
not
familiar with so I can get them!

Lissa, my mother-in-law was the fortunate one who got to work with Rutter -
just got to drool over her opportunities! smile.  She, on the other hand,
got to
pick my brain for information when I played in a small 24-piece wind
ensemble
put together and conducted by Gene Young (principal horn of the New York
Philharmonic) for a year.  An amazing experience.

Given all this discussion, I'm curious as to how music is notated for the
blind.
  Is there any software that can scan music and turn it into the notation
that's
used so that scores could enter into the bookshare collection?

Judy s.