[bookshare-discuss] choral music

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 09:17:30 -0400

Ann,

I have never heard all of Frostiana. In high school, we sang Choose Something Like a Star and The Road Not Taken. That is a piece that is not played often on classical radio stations.

One of my favorite pieces by him is The Peaceable Kingdom, a Contata based on verses from Isaiah. My dad was a choir director at Illinois State University, and when I was very young, they did a concert with both that work and Christ Lay in Death's Bonds, by Bach. That is also one of my favorite.