[bookshare-discuss] call to all writers

  • From: "Elfqueen" <elfqueen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 19:19:45 -0400

To anyone who is passionate enough about writing to want to improve yours every
chance you get (and I know there are some, because I've listened with longing
to some of the writers' practice meeting archives): Have you ever noticed that
there are a ton of amazing books for writers out there, and a minute
percentage--if any--make it into some accessible format? I'm not talking about
the generic "do this and that and don't forget to cross your t's and dot your
i's" books, I'm talking about the ones that really help and encourage one to
broaden and deepen, or give prompts that force you to be exploratory and beat
the walls of your box to shreds. I've looked everywhere I can reach for these,
and so far haven't gotten anything out of searching. I can't scan books yet
myself because the only scanner in my house is about twelve years old and
ceased to function properly about seven years ago--poor old thing, it was
retired and is now languishing in some unknown place haunted by the fell
shadows of dust bunnies--but I know of some good titles of these books. I
thought of just jumping the gun, but thought that I'd see if anyone else is
interested besides myself, or if I'm just fanatical. (And if I am, that's
totally okay with me and I might just go ahead and try my luck anyway for
kicks. *grins*)
Blessings,
Nicole