[bookshare-discuss] Re: another long one

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:33:38 -0400

Actually, since we are counting multiple volume sets or related books: Tai-Pan
is the first of a series followed by , Gai-Jin,  and Noble House.  Shogun is
not directly related but is a prequel only vaguely as at least one of the
characters of the trilogy is distantly descended from one of the two central
characters of Shogun. Anyway you combine them they are a long read but I found
myself more than satisfied with the ones I read and wishing I had read them all
King Rat is considered retroactively as part of the Asian group as he is
somehow connected to a character in Nobel House but it was written first and
set in the Japanese pow camp. Wikipedia can help you figure them out and which
you want to read when if you are not sure. Of these, to my knowledge only
Gai-Jin has not been made into either a tv of theatrical movie or miniseries.