[bookshare-discuss] Re: another long one

  • From: "Susan Mangis" <suemangis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:03:03 -0700

That's a fantastic book. I read it in high school all 7 volumes as I recall.
About 22 years ago, the mail man arrived with two other books by Douglas,
(don't remember the titles) one 5 volumes and then other 6. What was
interesting was they were from the hand copied collection, and I think they
were brailled via slate and stylus. That's real dedication.

I just checked, and my local library has a copy. Not sure when I'll get to
it, but if you want I'll add it to my list. I don't know if I'll have time
to read and correct as I usually do.

Also when cleaning out books, I rescued a 3 volume copy of Magnificent
Obsession.

Sue Mangis

  _____