[bookshare-discuss] Re: Volunteer resources management

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:17:40 -0400

I am not following you. What are you suggesting bookshare staff do differently regarding their management of volunteers?

E.
At 02:41 PM 8/13/2007, you wrote:
Yes I am the same person though I have not worked for eSight in a few years.

I doubt screening is important in this case.  But the reason volunteer
management is imprtant is that it shows volunteers their work is valued
enough to keep track of.. and avoids situations where volunteers sit around
wondering what they are supposed to be doing.  Volunteering is too important
to take casually.  It need not be oppressibe.  It's a matter of respect, not
dominance.

Nan