[bookshare-discuss] Re: Test message

  • From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Bookshare-Discuss' <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 16:01:08 -0500 (EST)

Hi Roger,
I keep a folder of many of the posts to this list going back several years.
Just checked one of yours from actually 2014, where the above address is indeed in place.
One reason I noticed for what may have caused the issue is the fact your address contains the words no reply.
Generally, that would prevent messages from reaching you if that makes sense.
I dare say you would get list postings as well, those are sent to the bookshare address where you are a member, but those with your address in them?
Honestly it is indeed a mystery.
Kare

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:

This is a test message, but I may as well explain what I am testing for because this is strange. A long time ago I stopped receiving messages from this list at the email address I am using for this message. It turned out that I was sending them okay and they were appearing on this list, but I was not getting them whether I was the sender or not. I tried every solution I could think of and finally gave up. After a long time I just subscribed with another email address of mine and that one worked okay, but I left this one subscribed anyway. Well, suddenly I seem to be getting list messages again after so long. At least these accessible World messages are coming through. So this message is to test whether or not a message from me will be received by me. I never came up with an explanation,so if I get this message it will still be a mystery.

--
Carl Sagan “Why do we put up with it? Do we like to be criticized? No, no scientist enjoys it. Every scientist feels a proprietary affection for his or her ideas and findings. Even so, you don’t reply to critics, Wait a minute; this is a really good idea; I’m very fond of it; it’s done you no harm; please leave it alone. Instead, the hard but just rule is that if the ideas don’t work, you must throw them away.” ― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
 Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line.  To get a list of