[bookshare-discuss] Re: Teen book?

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 00:17:15 -0800

Hi, I agree with you. I didn't either. However I can only go by what I hear and what's generally considered acceptable by the media. I recently read a book from bookshare for teens. It was obviously written for a high school level but had a couple slight sex scenes (nothing explicit but implied) and quite a bit of swearing. Also of course look at movies and the media generally. Things have unfortunately changed. The only teen books that are guaranteed to be clean are either those from the early 1900's that are public domain or the Hardy Boys and Tom Swift books.

At 08:35 AM 3/27/2006, you wrote:

I  never did swear as a teen and I still try not to as an adult.  Foul
language offends me personally, and I avoid it.  Especially since my kids
pick up on everything.  I believe that there are more teens than you think
who avoiding this kind of language.

Kasondra Payne