[bookshare-discuss] Re: Submitted: Tahiti, a paradise lost

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 19:47:42 -0800 (PST)

Monica,

Have you read Transit of Venus? It's an older book,
1992, but it, too, is well-written and interesting. I
validated it and my whole picture of the South Sea
islands has changed, and my embarrassment and shame
for my and other "advanced" country's treatment of
those islands is great. Of course, as I say, that book
was written 15 years ago. Maybe the situation is
different today--maybe the islands, including Tahiti,
are more like one imagines than Transit's reality.

Cindy