[bookshare-discuss] Requesting some Help with the List

  • From: "Peter Scialli" <Peter.s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:19:09 -0400

    Hey folks,
    There seems to be a mass exodus from the General Discussion list lately.
I think this is because there has been a fair amount of chatter on subjects
that might be better served on the Volunteer list.  Topics such as scanning,
OCR, book processing, that sort of thing may be of relatively little
interest to most of the people who've signed up for the General Discussion.
We'd rather see the discussion list used for topics such as using the site,
third party applications and devices, content, wish list, etc.  I think it
would really smooth things out if you avid book scanners keep the technical
stuff over with the rest of the volunteers.  Thanks.
Peter M. Scialli, Ph.D.
Associate, Technical Projects, Bookshare.org
www.bookshare.org
A Project of The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving Humanity
peter @benetech.org
www.benetech.org