[bookshare-discuss] Re: New Books (149) for May 16

  • From: John Immarino <johni2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 11:32:14 -0700

I can't understand why poetry would be considered nonfiction. I suppose poets might say that it's the language of emotion directly from the poet's heart, but that claim can be made for other fictional works. I see that poetry is sometimes listed as a separate category apart from fiction and nonfiction. Perhaps I'll start doing it that way.

Bookshare Volunteer wrote:
Hi,

Sorry to nitpick, but poetry is generally considered nonfiction. I myself wouldn't classify it that way, but every poetry collection I've seen generally falls into the nonfiction category. It therefore probably shouldn't be listed as fiction. To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank Email to bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line. To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.