[bookshare-discuss] Re: Missing Annotations

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 02:40:15 -0800 (PST)

The PQ books have been put on the list by bookshare
staff--certain ones are assigned to this--and at a
later time they will fill in the synopses. They aren't
validated by anyone.

For a while Mayrie and I were suppling short synopses
but it is very time-consuming--not as easy as it
sounds, Peter, because of the restriction of 250
characters. I was very relieved to learn that they
would be supplied later and that I needn't bother
doing them.

I think I did write and suggest that maybe it would be
better not to post them until the synopses were
ready--but maybe I just thought about it. I did
notice, though, that the PQ books added to the
collection today all had short synopses, though not
perfect ones--not really synopses but something that
gave one an idea of what the book was about.

Sometimes, when I know the book or have read about it,
if I see a synopsis that is way off the mark, I've
rewritten it for my list and notified Carrie in case
they want to take what I wrote.

As Bob said, anyone who had time can write one and
send it to Allison to be added--we aren't allowed to
just take what's posted on B&N or Amazon because that
is copyrighted, but we can use what is on the back
cover if it is up there.

Cindy Ro

The problem
--- "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>