[bookshare-discuss] Re: Kurzweil saves the day!

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 15:27:31 -0400

Hi all,

George, been doing that. Figured that fifty pages would be about right. That's about an hour's worth of reading, and seems to work just fine. What I'm left with is files about an hour in length and corresponding to the number of pages in the book. I have, for example, just converted the new Rollins book and it took fifteen files. they are all labeled neat as you please, using the computer numbering system so that the first file is 01 and then 02 and so on. Seems to work just peachy keen! Wish I could remember the technical term for numbering in this way. There is a technical term for it, and it escapes me. It's the numbering system that computers use, and if you use it you can get a computer to play files in orver instead of playing file 1 then file 10 then file 11 and so on. Can anyone jog my memory?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring