[bookshare-discuss] Re: Historical fictio

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:03:21 -0700 (PDT)

I'm happy to oblige. I wrote them down so I could read
them in order, after having read one out of turn.

SKye O'Malley Saga: Skye O'Malley; All the Sweet
Tomorrows; A Love for All Time; This Heart of Mine;
Lost Love Found; Wild Jasmine

Skye's Legacy

Darling Jasmine; Bedazzled; Besieged; Intrigued; Just
Beyond Tomorrow; Vizens

I was so sorry to see the wonderful Skye pass away
after living a long life. I will always remember her.
The Skye's Legacy (and I think she's still alive at in
Darling Jasmine) deals with Jasmine and Jasmine's
children but do relate back to Skye.

It wouldn't hurt to read The Kadin first, though it's
not actually part of the series, because Janet Leslie,
daughter of a Patrick Glenkirk, is the forbear of one
of Jasmine's husbands. One of her other books tells
the story of the grandmother of one of the characters
in the Skye's legacy series, too. Unfortunately I
can't remember the title, but when you get to that
book in the series, you'll probably want to go back
and read it, because incidents in it are  referred to.

I also have the list of all of her other books, if you
decide you want to read them later. Some are set in
earlier periods of English and Scottish history, and a
couple are set in the Ottoman Empire -- and are
historically accurate. I plan to finish reading them
before I go to the Colleen Mccullough Roman series.
And now that I've read the first Kurt Wallander
detective story, I'm going to alternate those with the
Small books -- unless my addiction to Small comes back
and I cana't wait for the next.
smile. But I don't want to get them mixed up in my
mind, so I think a change is good.

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com