[bookshare-discuss] Gorilla and Woman in the Mist

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:05:53 -0700 (PDT)

Peter and Natasha,

There are two separate books. Woman in the Mists is
about Dian Fossey and is by Farley Mowat. It was
published in 1988 and, according to the reviews,
sounds fascinating and tragic. I seemed to remember
from a tv program years ago, and reading the synopsis
refreshed my memory, that she was murdered. Mowat's
theory is that she was killed by an assassin, not a
poacher.

Gorilla in the Mists is by Dian Fossey and is about
her experiences. It was originally published in 1983
but has been republished in 2000.

G.Cindy
--- Natasha & Fossey <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.bookshare.org/web/SingleTitle.html?submittitleid=20805

> If Dian herself wrote a book that's news to me and I
> thought I'd hunted out
> everything on Ms. Fossey as she is the woman my
> Guide Dog was named after.
>
> Natasha and Guide Dog Fossey
> guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Subject line.  To get a list of available commands,