[bookshare-discuss] Re: Garrison Keillor, 5 books in collection and brilliant new movie

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:11:23 -0500

Hi Lissi,
I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. Being from MN, I got to go see his show live
once at the FitzGerald theater. It was pretty funny. When I was a teenager and
first discovered the show Ivy Austin was his regular, and I was sorry when she
left because she had such a beautiful singing voice. I heard some really good
music on that show--I remember one Finnish band I really liked. That was sort
of my introduction to Scandinavian folk music, some of which I like as much as
I like Celtic. Of course the Minnesota humor is doubly funny to me because I
live here. For anyone who has ever wondered if his MN skits are accurate, they
are. Especially if you're dealing with people from up north, who typically have
the thickest MN accents and the most Scandinavian upbringing and mannerisms. As
for me, I am sad to report that I do have a Minnesota accent, and I hate it!
<lol>
Kellie