[bookshare-discuss] Fine Reader Question

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindbooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:24:23 -0400

I know some of you on here use Fine reader 7 so hoping someone on here  can
help me.

First I use Jaws with the Fine Reader.

I need to change the DPI or dots per inch from 155 to at least 300 sigh, and
can not figure out for the life of me where to find it.  When I go to the
Formats menu the scanner options aren't available.  How do I change the
scanner resolution.  I am using an Epson 1660.  So not sure if that has
something to do with it.

I am using fine reader, because Kurzweil can not recognize this book and it
is one I have been wanting to read for years and it is really frustrating me
at the moment.  Even with Gray scale and 400 dpi, guys.  Actually that
causes the pages to appear blank, and I know because of context that there
is text there.

Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.