[bookshare-discuss] Re: FW: [bksvol-discuss] Extremely sad news to the Bookshare.org community

  • From: "DIANNE B. PHELPS AND PRIMROSE" <d.bphelps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:50:25 -0800

I don't know if my writing is even appropriate under the circumstances as I just subscribed to this list over the weekend in hopes of meeting new people and acquiring more knowledge of good books to read.

I did not know Gustavo Galindo personally, but for the past two years, I have enjoyed the Bookshare service immensely. Having the freedom to look up books, both current and classics has been truly a joy in my life as I never had this type of access to any library in the past, and I will always consider Bookshare one of my greatest blessings right up there with the Kurzweil systems.

It is always a tragedy when someone young leaves us as Mr. Galindo has, but his legacy will go on in his memory, I am sure. I consider my life as I am sure you all do totally blessed for the work of Bookshare and will remember this man's work always in my prayers of thanksgiving.

Dianne B. Phelps,
Napa, California
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Baechler" <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>