[bookshare-discuss] Re: FW: [bksvol-discuss] Extremely sad news to the Bookshare.org community

  • From: "rita weyler" <ritaweyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:53:38 -0500

Was he sick?
Rita Weyler
To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 8:00 PM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: FW: [bksvol-discuss] Extremely sad news to the Bookshare.org community

Peter,

I'm glad to see your post here, and to know that you
have a good job. I've thought of you fairly often.

And I agree with you and Carrie about Gustavo's sense
of humor. The exchanges between him and you and Pratik
and Guido preceding the CSUN conference, as well as at
other times, were always fun to read.--And thinking
about that side of Gustavo brings a smile to my face.
His sense of humor and his unflappability in the face
of some of our nagging and criticism, both overt and
subtle, are things I will remember about him.

Cindy

--- Peter Scialli <shrink99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

MessageJohn,
    I held off on saying anything about Gustavo in
public prior to an official announcement from
Bookshare.  I have, in fact, been in almost daily
contact with Gustavo since leaving Bookshare just
about one year ago.  Most recently, I spent a few
days hanging out with him and his partner Mathieu in
Las Vegas in early December.  While lots of people
who didn't know him well will make a lot of comments
as to his value to Bookshare, etc.  I always found
his forthright manner and scathing wit to be a
breath of fresh air.  He was truely one of the good
guys.

                Peter

Peter M. Scialli, Ph. D, Clinical Director
Crossroads Counseling Center
7545 Presidential Ln.
Manassas, VA  20109
Pscialli@xxxxxxxxxxx