[bookshare-discuss] Re: DSL vs Cable, and Jeopardy -- any fans here?

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:39:10 -0500

Ah DSL ads where you can't get it. I love that too. We've had cable since
summer 2000. Its been great excepting the few months after we had to switch
from @home to our local provider. I love cable's fast downloads and recently
we got an up in our upload limit so that's nice too. I'd like to have a DSL
line for hosting servers, but I think I'd miss the incredible download
speeds cable offers in my area. Now down at schools I have an even better
connection, huge download and upload speeds, both, but no outside server
capability *frown* Servers can only be run inside the network, because we
aren't provided external IP addresses.

Jake