[bookshare-discuss] Re: Book Requests

  • From: "Patti Johnson" <razz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 20:46:55 -0500

My goodness, Jamie, thank you for this great list, I guess I didn't delve
deeply enough onto her site to see all these great titles. I did read Bookends
and One Size Fits All but they were in hardcopy Braille from one of the
libraries that transcribes, maybe it was from the Lutheran Library I got them.
Anyway, I have heard her speak twice at church gatherings and she is truly
wonderful and I am told not only is what she says funny but her facial
expressions are a hoot too.  She used to be a DJ on a couple of our local
stations and I so enjoyed listening to her, but then she started her writing
and speaking career I guess in the later 80s and she has surely done well for
herself and has been a real inspiration to so many.  I heard the crowd at my
church where she spoke a couple nights ago was probably close to five thousand
women.
That is pretty impressive.
Patti

If you don't want to be accused of having a narrow mind, then stop blaming
everything on the dog.