[booksandbeyond] An Invitation To the Bookshare Community Harry Potter Party

  • From: "Nancy Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Missouri List" <Missouri-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 06:28:35 -0500

I'm not necessarily a Harry Potter fan, but this sounds like so much fun
that I thought I'd share this with all of you.

FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION

An Invitation to the Harry Potter Party In Bookshare Community Room

As the magical hour approaches for release of the final book in the Harry
Potter series, " Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", friends of Bookshare
will gather in the Bookshare Community room   on Friday, July 20, at 11:00
p.m. to enjoy virtual Wizarding Rock Bands, costume contests, wizard cooking
demonstrations,
Games, Food, beverages,  and MUCH more! All of these festivities will lead
up to the
book release at midnight.

As a special treat, you will hear a recorded interview with the author, J.
K. Rowling.

The party will last all night so those attending live parties can drop in
when they return home to share their fun experiences with us.

You are urged to help make this celebration a real magical event by sharing
your games, crafts, decorating ideas, recipes, and more.

We might even have someone from the Bookshare Office drop in now and then to
report on the progress they are making as they work feverishly all night
long to get the book into the collection and into our hands at the earliest
possible moment.

Join us any time you can between 11:00 p.m. Friday, July 20, and 6:00 a.m.
Saturday, July 21.

 -
Party Location:

Click on the Bookshare Chat Room link on  the Accessible World Home page at:

 http://www.accessibleworld.org

or use the following direct link:  http://tinyurl.com/2avczp

If this is the first time you have entered a Talking Communities chat room,
or the conference client has been updated, you will need to install and then
run the Talkcom software. It is very small and safe to install on your
computer.

When the installation is complete, you will be returned  to the sign-in
screen. Select the Enter Room button. Enter your first and last name, Leave
the Password field blank. tab to the log in button, and press Enter.
That's it. You will be in the room and can begin talking with others in the
virtual audience by pressing and holding down the Control key.

Don't hesitate to invite all your friends. Seating is unlimited and  the
event is FREE!

See you at the party Friday, July 20, and Saturday, July 21, 2007!

For additional information, contact:

The Accessible World
Pat Price, Events Coordinator
http://www.accessibleworld.org
Bookshare Community:  http://www.tinyurl.com/2avczp
317-254-1185
Email:  pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx

This online live event is entirely an activity of Bookshare volunteers that
is  sponsored by the Accessible World in partnership with Talking
Communities.

Susan Lumpkin, Co-Facilitator
Bookshare Chat Room
512-467-9725
slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Media Contacts for Additional Information:
Robert Acosta, Chair, Planning Committee
Helping Hands for the Blind
818-998-0044
Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.helpinghands4theblind.com

Pat Price, Events Coordinator
The Accessible World Symposiums
317-254-1185
Skype: patprice1
Email: pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.accessibleworld.org
--
If you no longer wish to receive any more announcements from the Accessible
this link
Forward a Message to Someone:
this link