[bookport] Re: web braille and the book port

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:16:43 -0400

Hi Cathy:

Yes, you can send the web braille files to the Book Port.  You will
need to get signed up through your Talkingbook Library.  Once you've
done that, you will go to the address they provide you with and you can
either save the books to your PC, or you can choose the Open With option
and pick Book Port Transfer and the books will automatically be sent.
While pointint to the file, hit the Applications Key and either choose
Open with or Save.

If you need more directions, let us know.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> mrstwotrees@xxxxxxxxxx 04/20/07 10:33PM >>>
Hi:
I am wondering if you can down load books from web braille and put them
on the book port?  If so, can I get step by step directions on how to go
about down loading the books?
Cathy and Pilot Dog Deena, and Retired guide, Copper, both golden
retrievers,
Kindness is the language which the deaf can
hear and the blind can see.  ~Mark Twain